Humans have tried every imaginable thing to stop hair loss and regrow lost hair. They rubbed the juices of all vegetables and fruits, and extracts of every available herb. Yet, they were unable to find any effective hair growth treatment. Undoubtedly there are numerous natural and herbal treatments for hair growth, but almost all lack systematic studies. If we ever hope to grow hair by natural means, we need to study natural remedies thoroughly. And even those with proven effects need a lot of time and patience to be effective. Another thing that makes natural remedies the least preferred choice in this age of technology is their temporary results. Hairs grown through natural sources do not long last, and start shedding off as soon as the use is discontinued.
For now, we have three types of hair growth treatments that help regrow hair in a natural manner restore a thicker and fuller head of hair. These include medical treatment, laser therapy, and surgical hair restoration.
Medical Hair Growth Treatment
There are a few options available to treat this through medications. Actually, these treatments produce better results if you take them in combination with one another. Let us have a look at these FDA-approved effective hair loss medicines.
• Finasteride: Finasteride is the generic name of the probably most effective hair loss drug. This drug treats hair loss by inhibiting production of hair killing hormone DHT. DHT (dihydrotestosterone) is the most important hormone that signals the hair follicles to die – the most common cause of Androgenic Alopecia or male pattern baldness. To date, inhibiting this hormone is the most effective way to stop hair loss. Besides controlling hair loss, this medication thickens fine hair, and this produces considerable effect.
• Minoxidil: It is the second most effective treatment. It is supplied in the form of a topical solution. Minoxidil is also a generic name; famous brand names of this medication include Rogaine and Hair Max. You need to apply this solution on the scalp twice a day, or as prescribed by the doctor and massage for a few minutes.
• Ketoconazole: This medication is supplied as a shampoo-like solution. This encourages hair growth by keeping the scalp clean from fungus and dandruff. You need to use this as a shampoo twice a week, and leave the leather for 3-5 minutes on your head.
No doubt researchers have studied these medications and found them effective, they are not perfect yet. First, their effectiveness varies from person to person. One may find it very effective while another may find it minimally effective. Second, the effects of all medications are temporary. You will maintain your hair as long as you continue the use of these medications. Whenever you decide to discontinue the treatment, you will lose your hair maintained by these medications. Third, like all other medication, hair loss medication is not without side effects. You must discuss its side effects before starting the treatment.
Low-Level Laser Therapy
Low-level laser is showing some measurable results to stimulate hair growth. Currently, it is regarded as convenient alternative of medication with fewer side effects. However, its effectiveness is an issue of debate. Until now, it is unable to show dramatic improvement in hair density.
Surgical Hair Growth Treatment-Hair Transplant
Hair transplant is to date the most effective treatment to date. It can restore hair on balding places in an effective and predictable manner. Hair transplant extracts healthy, balding resistant hair follicles form one area of the head and plants them to the balding areas. Not all hairs on our head are prone to balding. While the hair at the front and crown of the head are prone to hair loss, hair at the sides and back of the head are resistant to it. This procedure makes excellent use of these hair reserves on our head.
• Follicular Unit Transplant: Also known as the strip removal method, FUT excises a strip of scalp, usually from the back of the head, and dissects is to obtain required hair follicles. The wound is stitched together and the grafts obtained from the strip and implanted on the thinning or bald areas.
• Follicular Unit Extraction: FUE is a relatively newer and more advanced technique replacing the traditional strip removal method. This technique involves extracting the hair follicles directly from the scalp, without cutting and stitching the scalp. The follicles are extracted using a specially designed punch tool with diameter less than 0.1 mm. What makes FUE a more preferred choice of surgeons and patients is its ability to extract hair follicles form body areas like chest, armpits, and legs as well.
• Stem Cell FUE: Stem Cell FUE is the latest advancement in FUE hair transplant. It is the quickest, safest and the most effective hair transplant technique to date. It uses an automated punch tool for extraction of hair follicles at the fastest possible speed. It also allows hair regrowth at the donor area, thus ensuring the most natural looking results.
A hair transplant has only one limitation: the availability of donor hair. At present, there is no way to create new hair follicles; therefore, the patient must have healthy, balding resistant hair follicles somewhere on the scalp or the body. Fortunately, most of us have enough donor hair on the scalp or on the body to create a dramatic improvement in hair density.
Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *
Save my name, email, and website in this browser for the next time I comment.